Friday, May 7, 2010

"Flip Flops"

As you might have guessed by now, I tend to "collect". The thing is, when you find something that you like, why not get multiples in all the colours you like? Makes sense to me!



So today's post is about another collection of mine. Over here in Australia we call them "thongs". In New Zealand I believe they are called "Jandals" (?? weird Kiwis teehee) In the USA I think maybe flip flops? But anyway you say it, these things are the ultimate global comfort footwear.

Our climate is so mild where I live that I wear these year-round, hence the need for so many.


They also come in various stylings, so that is fun too. (In fact, that is the funnest part!!)



Here is the first part of my collection - Havianas. I have black, metallic navy, white and hot pink. These are your basic thongs but squishy and comfy and long-wearing.



The next photo is of my slightly more fashionable thongs - Ipanemas by Gisele Bundchen. I have these in white, black and gold. These are like wearing thongs for the foot-feel, but look like a sandal because of the added strap across the toes. They have cool swirl and floral designs inside the sole and a little flower or diamante detail on one of the straps.



My next photo shows a few random designs that I wear .
Left to Right: GrendhaDay which are in dark brown. They are like the Ipanemas, but have a heel strap. They still feel like I'm wearing thongs.
The next pair are Billabongs in brown. I like these because they have skinny straps, which is a bit different to normal thongs - these are squishy soft too!
The pair on the right are special. I even wear these out at night (!!) They are thongs with a wedge. How cool are they and sooo comfy and easy. They are black and have a lacey floral design on the insole. They look great with jeans, shorts, skirts or dresses. They give a nice shape to my legs and still feel like I'm wearing thongs (which I basically am).


Here is another photo of the wedge thongs. They are grendha by Ivete Sangalo. Made in Brazil.

I hope this helps any of you who are looking for warmer weather footwear right now. Aren't there so many gorgeous shoe designs around?! Just this morning Denise and I found a little stall at the local mall while we were having our post-workout sushi and chai lattes. They were selling $20 mules and sandals which had lovely detailing - bows, hearts and buckles. I'm taking my hubby there for a chai later today (he doesn't know it yet!!) and will try some on now that I have my sweaty gym gear off. I will post if I buy any.
Enjoy the weekend!
PS - My toenails are wearing OPI 'Hawaiian Orchid' with a little frangipani painted on the big toenail.

1 comment:

  1. OMG..I have the same habit :D If I really like some shoes I want them in all avaible colors ;) Not every color fits every outfit..so it's totaly logical to have them in different ones (I think to us girls it is ;)
    I really like your blog..looking forward to new posts!
    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete