Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Winter Feet and Freebies

Hi everyone. This is a quick post about two topics.
First, wintering your feet. It is nearing the end of May and here in the part of Australia where I live, this means I get to wear actual shoes for awhile - until maybe September. Well, to work anyway. At home and to yoga and grocery shopping I'll still be donning my fave thongs. (See previous post)


So now is the time I will say byebye to pretty toenails. I am giving my toenails a holiday in order for them to be at their healthiest. The rest of the year they are constantly wearing polish and nail art on the big toe like this:
Haha, you must think I love taking photos of my feet!! I just realized I have posted photos of my feet not too long ago in my post about thongs. But feet are important too. I feel better about my appearance if my nails are neat - toes and fingers both!
So I will strip them of their pretty OPI Hawaiian Orchid polish and let them "breathe" for a couple of months over winter.
The second topic - freebies. I was heading through my local mall last Monday afternoon, going to Target and this lovely young girl came up to me and offered me a free shampoo and style blowdry so she could practice her blow drying techniques. Of course I said yes. An hour later and I was sporting some volume packed hair with bouncy curls. It's Wednesday now and my hair is still volumised! Deal I reckon. I left my number and said I'd be willing to be a model for blowdrying practice again in the future. Thanks Sublime Hair Salon!
Don't ya love freebies?
Oh, and I also continued on to Target (feeling my hair bouncing around my head and feeling very girly!!) and checked out the fantastic range of shoes there. Good one Target!
I didn't buy shoes, but came out with two pairs of skinny jeans... but that's a story for another post... See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment