Thursday, May 6, 2010

Rimmel Lipsticks

Hi! Sorry I was MIA for a couple of days. Enjoyed a long weekend and then back to work and hadn't any time to post. But the whole time now I am thinking of things to write about and post on my blog. I am also learning about taking photos of things to post and the best ways to capture colours. Hopefully I will get better at this. Let's face it, I CAN only get better!



So on to the topic... I have to apologise to Rimmel. I have always thought of this cosmetics brand as cheap and nasty. Don't know why. Maybe a past bad experience. But I am glad I've given them another chance, because they have proven themselves to me with their Lasting Finish lipsticks range.






I had some time to stroll through Priceline after work the other day and tried their colours. I settled on Celeb, which is a flattering pink, not too chalky or frosty. The salesgirl couldn't find one apart from a new tester tube in the drawer and she gave it to me, as she had looked it up and it was discontinued. (Which I suppose is not useful as a recommendation, but I'm sure there are tubes of Celeb sitting in bargain bins somewhere now) - I was stoked to get freebie!!






Got it home and wore it with my pink and brown yoga outfit to teach my Thursday morning yoga class. The perfect subtle pink. When I got in my car to go home and checked out my lips, it was still on!!!! Not drying and caking on, but still moist and pretty. After 2 hours of instructing a yoga class!!


Please remember I had just taught a yoga class, so excuse the hair, nose shine etc. I also wear a very light made-up look for yoga because I think it is more appropriate.


So then I went back to Priceline and did some serious swatching to buy all the colours that suited me. They were $7.99 each (Australian) compared to $21.99 Revlon ones, which are fine, but I feel the Rimmel ones are even better colours. This Lasting Finish range lives up to its name and doesn't dry my lips out like the Revlon Colourstay ones. I feel like I'm wearing lipbalm rather than lipstick. It isn't often that I am so impressed with a lipstick. As you can tell from my ramblings and ravings, I am MOST impressed by these. Value for money, great colours and delivers on its promise.


Here are the ones I chose. They are (L to R):
Sugar Plum, Celeb (in its tester tube), Airy Fairy, Asia, Birthday Suit
All gorgeous, multi dimensional colours. The Sugar Plum is a frost, but the frost is not the usual silvery frost, it is mauvy. Very very nice.
Thankyou Rimmel, you are forgiven for whatever it was that you did or didn't do for me many years ago. I will be looking at some of your other products in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I have Sugar Plum too, it's such a nice colour! Sometimes I use only a little then put lip balm over it to calm down the colour for a more everyday look. I find it to be too potent for me daytime. The celeb looks great on you though! Its rubbish its been discontinued.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Asia looks gorgeous - I feel a purchase coming on! That colour looks gorgeous on you. Me likes.

    ReplyDelete