Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sigma Brushes

Here I am! I hear everyone being busy with exams etc lately. Whether you are a student or a teacher, these times of the year are hectic. Either you are studying or you are marking (like me!).



I just wanted to do a quick post to update you with what else I have been doing apart from assessing students!



I ordered the Sigma Premium brush kit that is 15 brushes and comes in its own foldup bag. I am so looking forward to it arriving. I ordered it through Amazon.com who then get Sigma to send it to me. I don't know why, but I tend to online shop this way. Through Amazon.com. I have had successful purchases always with them and trust them. And they sell heaps more than just books. Living in the part of Australia that I do we don't have an extensive selection of goodies like in Northern America. That's why I read blogs and watch You Tube to stay in touch with what is going on in styling. And then I shop online.



The reviews of the Sigma brushes put them on a par with MAC Brushes. I collected my first MAC brush last year when I visited Canada. I have to go to a city centre here to purchase MAC brushes and they are expensive. So when I heard the reviews of the Sigma ones I got excited enough to want the whole set! Value for money gets me every time!



When I receive them I will do a post on them. I am no expert, but I have come to appreciate how much easier it is to get a nicer result with makeup when you use brushes.



Here is my current collection:

L to R: MAC187, MAC129, MAC252, MAC266, MAC217, manicare foundation, bellapierre mineral concealer brush (for around you nose etc), manicare eyeshadow, manicare pencil brush, random eyelash and brow, random lipstick brush (BTW 'random' is not a brand, these really are random - I don't know the brand but read 'cheap' ha)
Poor deprived me, huh. I really NEED the Sigma brush set.
What's more, I have a Revlon brush (showing my age and that I really AM a SeventiesGirl here) that my Mum bought me for my 18th Birthday 32 years ago!!! She gave me the Revlon Ultima II makeup kit. And the brush was part of that kit. At the time, it was cutting edge. When I remember back it was the PERFECT gift. Thanks again Mum!
Said brush is pictured here with my favourite perfume at the moment - kate moss. I wear this perfume day and night and spray it in my walk-in closet to make it smell sweet. I even wear it to bed. To me it smells like Lux beauty soap. Fresh and sweet.
So now, if you do a little maths, you know my true age!!! Shock!! But let me tell you right now, life is actually still as good if not better than it was all those years ago when I turned 18 and Mum gave me my first real makeup.
Because now there is MAC and I now have money... LOL... only kidding... a bit.... no - I really am that shallow. LOL. Still only kidding...







4 comments:

  1. Can't wait for your Sigma brush review! I've been deliberating for a while on whether to get it...
    I'm far too wary about the youtubers reviewing the brushes since the majority were before they had to say if they were being sponsored, and I know that Sigma are always contacting Youtube Gurus to test their products.
    At least I know you ordered yours yourself and I look forward to an honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brushes arrived today!! I will be trialing them and posting a review soon. They came in 7 days from USA to Australia! More soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh i've been so so tempted to buy the Sigma brushes instead of saving up to get the MAC ones individually! Very excited for your review. Great that they came in so quickly too! Was it cheaper to buy them from Amazon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same price as on Sigma site, but I have OneClick shopping set up on Amazon already and have had good results through Amazon. I also wrote a review on the brush set for Amazon and Sigma sent me an SS188 brush as a gift for doing this. I have since bought more brushes and will review in the next couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete